Medical Marijuana Identification Card Services
Under California law, it is legal for adults 21 or older to possess, consume and cultivate cannabis. You can also use cannabis if you are 18 or older and have a current qualifying physician’s recommendation or a valid county-issued Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC).
Please call the Mono County Health Department, 760.924.1830, for more information about the MMIC or to set up an appointment to obtain or renew your MMIC card.
Printed Medical Marijuana Card application packets (Medical Marijuana application and Physician Attestation form) is available to pick up at the Mono County Health Department or download and print documents linked at the bottom of this page (under Supporting Documents).
Medical Marijuana Card appointment instructions:
Document that must be completed prior to a MMIC appointment:
- Completed Physician Attestation Form - Physician must complete and sign to verify recommended use of medical marijuana for one or more serious medical conditions.
- Once completed, call Mono County Health Department at 760.924.1830 to meet with a Public Health Nurse to apply for the MMIC.
Bring the following items to your MMIC appointment:
1) Medical Marijuana application (this can also be filled out during appointment)
2) Completed Physician Attestation Form
3) Driver's License
4) Proof of Residency (lease, phone bill, paycheck stub etc.)
5) Cash to pay for processing Fee (Cash ONLY)
- 50$ for Medi-Cal recipients
- 100$ for if Private pay/privately insured
Appointment will take between 10-15 minutes. Paperwork will be reviewed, copies made of personal documents, and a picture taken for the MMIC.
Card will be mailed to Mono County Health Department, Public Health Nurse will call card recipient when card arrives. Card must be picked up in person at the Mono County Health Department by the MMIC recipient.
For more information about California's Medical Marijuana Card Program, visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP.aspx
**Check out our Cannabis Health Education Resource page